Monday, August 20, 2012

Pin 120

Original pin:
Amazing Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker Recipe
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker/

Pork loin in the slow cooker.

The eating child requested pulled pork last week. I don't like barbecue sauce (yes, I know--its a crime to dislike barbecue sauce and live in Fort Worth. It's not the barbecue method I dislike, it is the sauce itself.) so I need the meat to have a good flavor alone, but that won't clash with barbecue sauce on top.

This one was very easy to prepare and only had to cook for a few hours. I was a little wary of the short cooking time but all the commenters assured me the cooking time would work.

And it did. The meat was juicy, tender, good flavor. I sliced half and shredded half to make the boy some pulled pork sandwiches. Everyone loved it. Hubby took the rest to share at work the next day and apparently it was gone by noon.


Total cost: $14 for a 2.5 lb pork loin and a ranch packet.

Total time: Prep 10 minutes, cook 4 hours

Final verdict: Eating boy cried when he found out daddy was taking the leftovers to work so we had to save him some for lunch too. Non-eating boy actually ate some (!) and the rest magically disappeared when the rumor of pork was circulating around the office. This recipe was so easy and fast. I am totally guilty of planning on cooking in the slow cooker but forgetting to start it until lunch time so this one worked out perfect. And I love that it uses red wine because I am always looking for a good excuse to pop one open.

No comments:

Post a Comment