Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pin 86

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://asmallsnippet.blogspot.com/search/label/home%20decor

When I pinned this image, I never thought it would get so much attention. To date, it has over 450 repins and over 75 likes. I don't claim to exactly understand how Pinterest works in such a way that this many people have been able to see this, but I still think it is pretty cool.

When I pinned this I was focused mainly on the shelves. I have been working on my living room decor for months. On one long wall I have been wanting to put a shelf forever but wasn't sure how it would look. This picture gave me the courage to go ahead and do it.

I liked the white shelf. I liked the floating shelf (without the visible brackets). When I went to the hardware store, the white shelves I found were not in great condition and looked kind of cheap. The floating shelves were all short. So I settled for a long, bracketed shelf. I wasn't sure I loved it at first (but don't tell my husband), but it has totally grown on me now. So, to asmallsnippet, thanks for giving me the courage to do it.
Total time: 45 minutes. It takes a long time to hang a shelf with two crazy kids running around and stealing your tools, okay??

Total cost: $22, much cheaper than I had thought.

Final verdict: While my living room is still a work in progress, I am happy with two walls now.


No comments:

Post a Comment