Friday, March 9, 2012

Pin 26

Original pin:

Tex-mex Rice. Photo by Junebug

http://www.food.com/recipe/tex-mex-rice-91598

Yummy! Tex-Mex rice!

I decided to make this at the last minute for dinner last night. I love Tex-Mex rice! I haven't found a good recipe that wasn't too spicy for the kids, too bland for me, and didn't come out of a packaged mix though.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have a winner!! We all liked this one. The spiciness can be controlled based upon the salsa you choose to use. I loved that the oil was infused with garlic first. The recipe was easy and I had all the ingredients already. It went perfectly with our slow cooked beef tacos.

Mine is much more colorful than the pinned one and it was mmmmmmm....delicious!

Total cost: $0

Total time: 30 minutes

Final verdict: I will definitely be making this again in the future. I am a little bummed there were no leftovers for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment